Friday, May 8, 2009
Opening
A few years ago I was shopping at Wal-Mart with my crew. We needed some last minute groceries and a new garbage can. My oldest boys were having a great time barrelling down the isle with a 50-gallon garbage can while I coaxed my tired 2-year old (who had dressed himself that day) to get up off the floor and keep going, assuring him we were "almost done." (He'd heard that line one too many times.) A lady with an older daughter were shopping in the same aisle. After passing by us, I heard one of them whisper to the other, "And she's pregnant!" I laughed as I realized how we must look to the rest of the world at times. I've been called amazing. I've been called crazy. Most people just look at us and wonder what life is like for a family with six small children. That is why I have decided to start this blog. In this way, I hope to give a behind the scenes view to the joys and challenges of raising a big family. I also look forward to documenting the priceless memories that make it all so worthwhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That reminds me of the time my wife and I were in a crafts store and she was about 8 months pregnant. She was so busy with all of our children but we were just kind of joking around. Watching after 5 children at the time and not really wanting a hobby, she jokingly said to me "I think I will take up needlepoint, as we passed some kind of needlepoint kit". So there were some other older ladies in the store that were listening in to our conversation. So I said, "if you've got time to needlepoint, then you have time to mow the lawn". Boy did I ever get some dirty looks from these women. We have laughed about that for years.
ReplyDeleteBTW, nice blog and keep it up.
I laughed out loud when I read your funny little story. I could picture myself in simialar situations years ago when my children were young. One thing I have learned is that the humor of a situation isn't always fully appreciated at the time of the event. Sometimes it takes a while for an awkward situation to become funny. I enjoyed reading your post. Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDelete