Thursday, May 26, 2011

Skating

Today we went ice skating...twice. On the second trip, Ben announced that he didn't have his shoes as we pulled up to the Rec Plex. I dropped the older kids off at the door and told them to meet us back in the van after skating. Ben was so disappointed. I think he thought he could go in bare feet. He decided to search for some shoes. "Mom," he asked. "Can we say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help me find some shoes?" We prayed. Within a minute we found his old sneakers. He was so excited! Heavenly Father had answered his prayer...and he knew it. He literally danced all the way up the hill to the Rec Plex. I was so grateful for his sweet example of faith. We enjoyed skating and swimming together. It was a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment