Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Party

This year I was asked to plan the church Christmas party for our ward. I got it stuck in my mind that I wanted lots of Christmas trees and a live nativity. Miraculously I came across a guy with a room full of new artificial trees that had been returned for one reason or another. He gave me several and sold me some. I ended up with about 24 trees for $40. I also came across a lady who gave us a donkey and a man who sold us two dairy goats. I really felt like the desires of my heart were heard in heaven and granted in an amazing way. The party was a great success. It did take us two hours to get the donkey in the trailer. Then, it was determined to point its rear end at the camera. LaMonte and another man at church gave it all they had to get that donkey to move. It was awfully funny watching them. I'm curious to see how some of our nativity pictures turned out with half of the picture featuring our donkey's rear end. We could probably come up with a pretty funny caption...but that may be a little sacreligious...

No comments:

Post a Comment