Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Healthy Eating
I have decided to adopt a Nazi-style approach to healthy eating. I willingly confess that I am not being overly considerate of the individual tastes and preferences of everyone in my family. I hope they will forgive me later. Recently, LaMonte was diagnosed with high-blood pressure. I have always worried about LaMonte's health and safety. If he would be late coming home, I would picture him dead on the road and start planning his funeral. If I couldn't get a hold of him, I would mentally plan how I would provide for my children. I have noticed recently, however, how the thought of losing him fills me with unquenchable sorrow. No longer do my thoughts drift to the temporal matters of living without him. Instead, I feel a blinding sadness at the thought of losing the very love of my life. And so, I gladly heap the veggies onto his plate...knowing darn well he doesn't like them. I have been a little too pushy in my invitations to run or exercize with me. I hope that he will sense that I am driven by a passion for him, a longing to keep him with me, and a desire to buy him every happy, healthy moment of life that I can. I love you, my handsome husband. You make my life beautiful! (AND you make awfully cute kids!)
Here's a couple of meal ideas that have gone over very well in our family. Add 2 cups of fresh spinach to a 12 oz package of frozen blueberries, 1 cup of plain yogurt, a teaspoon of vanilla, a frozen banana, and milk for a great smoothie. Add 1/2-1 cup of fresh shredded zucchini and 2 chopped mushrooms to the sauce of homemade pizza before putting on the cheese. No one could tell! (We also put ground flax seed in the whole wheat crust.) We also added shredded zucchini, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, green onions, and tomatoes to our breakfast burritos. Almost everyone liked them better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment