The water was warm, but that little blue foot just kept wanting to stick up out of the water!
"I think I like this..."
He loves to have his hands by his mouth. Even in the ultrasounds before he was born, his hands were always by his mouth!
I love the "just peeking" face! We wrapped up in a towel before washing hair.
Oh my heart! I just love everything about this little guy. I think, perhaps, he is going to be terribly spoiled...but I just don't care. I might have guessed that the tender feelings that come with a new baby would decrease with each one, but I have found the opposite to be true. I can remember in my mind how terribly miserable the pregnancy was, but in my heart the pain seems so small and insignificant...a vague and distant memory. Is it the pain of the past that is making the joy of these moments so much fuller and more meaningful? I am not sure. I am just grateful that we did not rationalize away the feeling that he was meant to come to our family...even though it came at a busy and difficult time. If life comes with a series of credits and debits, it seems to me that so much more is gained with the birth of each child than taken away. I absolutely do not advocate irresponsible pregnancy or the idea that it is the duty of ANY woman to have children. I also do not believe that God expects this of me. I do, however, believe that some of God's most priceless gifts and blessings come into the homes and hearts of those who invite His precious children into their families with an enduring commitment to protect and prepare them to serve Him and share the message of His love and His gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment