Monday, August 31, 2015
Rebecca's Birthday
This weekend we celebrated Rebecca's birthday. It was a day of sweet celebration, full of loving and rewarding moments. It was a day that made all of the work and hardship of parenting squish into the backseat as I fully enjoyed the joy of this beautiful journey through life with my precious family. I started the day feeling a little sad. Rebecca has been such an angel assisting and strengthening our family in dozens of ways each day. Money has been tight and we were not able to get Rebecca what she was hoping for. The first thing she did was to hug me and thank me for trying. She spent the rest of the day focusing on making it a good day for her siblings. Ben wrapped up the remote control car he had recently purchased with the money he had been saving, and gave it to her. Jason brought lunch home for her that he had made at Fuzzy's Tacos. David gave her his Settlers of Catan game. I was amazed to watch all of the unprompted acts of love and kindness. It was rewarding and overwhelming for me. I am so grateful for my beautiful family and for my precious Rebecca on her special day! I love them all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment