Sunday, March 13, 2011

Transition

We have had a busy year! We are now living in St. Charles, Missouri. LaMonte transferred here with his company. We decided to move in with my parents so we wouldn't have to live in our home while it was on the market. We got an offer on our home in Trophy Club today...hooray! We are having such a good time here. I especially enjoy the day to day interactions with my family. Yesterday we went for a bike ride along the Katy Trail into downtown St. Charles. We found a little cookie shop there and enjoyed "cookies ala mode." I hope it will become a tradition! LaMonte and I are signed up to be in a triathlon in August. We have been going to the community pool almost every day to train. Last week Rebecca asked me to race her. I agreed and we were off. This was my first lap of the day, and I was really going. My brother, Eric, had given me some good swimming tips, so I felt myself flying through the water. I've never thought I was much of a swimmer, but it seemed technique was my biggest hangup. I turned at the wall and continued full speed back to the where we would finish our race. I started worrying about crushing my sweet daughter's self-esteem if I beat her by too much. I thought about slowing down, and lifted my head out of the water to see where she was. I inhaled about a mouthful of water when I saw her gliding through the water about 10 yards ahead of me. I finished not so gracefully as I kept gulping water...a humble woman...a proud mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment