Friday, March 18, 2011
Weekend Camping
The weekend is here! We decided to go camping to fulfill one of the last scouting requirements Jason has before turning 12. Getting ready to go was not so fun. The kids were excited and energetic. Keeping their energy focused on getting everything ready was a bit of a rollercoaster. I was worn out by the time we were finally ready...then it started raining! I vented a little, took some deep breaths, ate a cookie...or two...or three...maybe more... When we finally started loading everyone in the van, Keith came up to me. With a look of reassurance and a pat on the back he said, "Don't worry, Mom. It will stop raining, and if it doesn't I know everything will work out. I have faith." His words touched me, but even more, the feeling of peace and confidence he felt reached over me and I knew it really would work out. I could tell he had prayed and I know when my sweet children pray with faith that their prayers are answered in remarkable ways. As we pulled out of the neighborhood, Rebecca noticed an open mailbox. Keith wanted to go back to close it since it was raining. This example of service led me to think of my grandma. We stopped at a bakery to get her a treat and dropped it off at her apartment. We ended up going a different way to the campground. Consequently, we passed a much closer state park on the way and stayed there instead. This put us half and hour from home instead of an hour and a half. We had such a nice time togther. The kids rode bikes, we went for a walk, built a fire, and cooked dinner and treats. It felt so good to be together. How I love my family! How grateful I am for the power of prayer and the faith and good example of a ten-year old boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment