Sunday, August 21, 2011

New School

Tomorrow the kids start school at Thomas Jefferson in Joplin. We went to registration/meet the teacher last week. I was very worried about the impression we would make on the school. We spent quite awhile getting ready and talking about the importance of good behavior. Everyone did great...until Ben became overwhelmed with the excitement, the fatigue, and the boredom of going from classroom to classroom. He would dart off down the hall, hang on the banisters, poke at or kick David, etc. Finally, he ran in the Kindergarten room. Desperately wanting to make a good impression on his kindergarten teachers, I coaxed him lovingly into coming out of the room. He wanted nothing to do with leaving. He was determined to find a second Alaska on the rug of the United States instead. Finally, I said, "OK Ben, I will just hold your hand because we really need to keep going." I took his hand and walked determinedly towards the door. Ben was struggling to get free. Just as we passed in front of the teachers he yelled, "LET GO OF MY BUTTOCKS!" I couldn't help but laugh and hope these teachers will deal kindly with my sweet little Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment