Yesterday, we picked our kids up early in the morning. The foster parents did an awesome job preparing the kids for our arrival. The kids cheered when they saw us! It seemed somewhat surreal loading everyone into our van and heading home. Everyone was so excited! The older kids were great with our new little ones. The first thing we did after we got back was to take everyone for a walk in the woods by our home. All of the older kids have a "buddy". They each were responsible for helping their buddy on the walk. Some of the kids were tired after the long ride, but it went really well. Meal time was a little hectic! Again, the buddy system helped out! Bedtime also took a crazy amount of time as we tried to help everyone adjust to their new home and family. I was laying with Samuel and telling him over and over, "I love you!" "Mommy loves you, Sam!" After a little while, he sat up and said, pointing to himself, "I, Sam?" "Yes!" I replied. "You my Mom?" he said, pointing to me. "Yes, I'm your Mom," I confirmed. Then, he just started giggling. He hugged me and said, "I love you, Mama!" My heart melted! This morning after he woke up he ran into the kitchen and latched onto my leg saying "Mama, Mama...love you Mama!" Later, when I was rocking Lucy he kept running into the room pointing at me with the biggest grin saying, "You my Mom!" Lucy is just a doll! She is a little sick, and didn't sleep well last night, but she still did very well today. I love to snuggle with her!!! Henry is also doing surprisingly well. The report we had said he is nonverbal. However, he has already said, "Thank you!" "All gone." and one other word which I am forgetting at the moment. He gets overwhelmed and upset easily, but is fairly easy to calm. Food and music instantly help him relax. He also seems to love being outdoors. These little ones are amazing kids! I am grateful, also, for the impact they are having on our biological children. They have all been loving and compassionate...with the new kids...AND each other!!!

These pictures are a pretty good commentary on our journey thus far. Smiles, tears, laughter, chaos, order, and fun have all combined to create a sweet, memorable beautiful experience. We have been so blessed!
"Lucy! Smile! Just one more picture!" "You can take my picture!!!" - Jacob
What beautiful pictures, Emily! And what sweet additions to your already awesome family. Can't wait to meet them :)
ReplyDeleteYou have the biggest heart Emily! You are such a sweet family that just keeps getting sweeter. Enjoy all the thrills of your new adventure!
ReplyDelete