Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Playground!

I have been searching for quite awhile for a play set to replace the one we currently have.  The challenge has been finding one the size and durability to meet the needs of our family.  I finally found one that seemed like it would work...for $15,000!  SO-I decided we could build one ourselves.  The process has been both enlightening and maddening!  Finally I got a plan together and yesterday afternoon we started putting it together.

The kids were all anxious to help put it together.  They took turns helping to screw the boards in place.  Alexander managed the measuring tape.  (It was a good thing I bought a spare!)

They were so excited to help!  Who knows how it will turn out, but the process of working together to build it instantly made the project a success!




It was kind of a magical experience as we all worked together to stand the frame up and secure it in place as the sun was setting.  

The biggest challenge we are facing now...How in the world are we going to get the roof on this thing?!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing . . . and a little crazy! In a good way, though. :)

    ReplyDelete