Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swimming

Last night the kids had a mock swim meet. I was so pleased with all of them. David and Ben were pretty cute. They pretty much just pulled themselves down the lane line. It feels good to have an activity we all can do together.

This morning I am feeling such an anxiousness to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better daughter. I have been so blessed. I have such a happy, wonderful life. I was brought to feel the love of my Savior at such a young age. What a difference that has made in my life! I have so much desire to do good. Why, then, do I keep screwing up?! Dang it! So often I feel like I charge at good things and fall pretty quickly. Yet, my God and my family are constantly standing by to help pick me up and keep me going. You know...if I spent less time falling on my face I think I would be able to help an awful lot more people. I suppose I should be more grateful, though. For example, yesterday I accidently got turned the wrong direction and stuck in traffic while I was going out to run an errand. Instead of getting frustrated with myself I just told myself how grateful I am for all the good happening in my life. I ran into a book store to pick up a couple of things for Ben. While there the cashier was asking me about homeschooling. Her ex-husband is pressuring her to homeschool her kids. I believe I was guided in my response to her. You never know for sure, but if felt like our meeting was not by chance.

Ok, well I slept in (for which I am committing NOT to beat myself up but to just keep going doing the best I can) so I better get on with my day. I am going to tie on my Supermom cape, charge, and hope I don't have any crashes significant enough to require lifelong therapy for my husband or my kids. It may already be too late, so what the heck...might as well give it another good try.

No comments:

Post a Comment