Friday, February 14, 2014

Be Mine, Valentine--Meet Henry, Lucy, and Samuel

Today we met our beautiful new children!  What an exciting day it was!  We were all geared up for dealing with challenges and tears.  Instead we were blessed with beautiful weather and an amazing experience. 
Lucy was the first to warm up to us.  She had no reservations giving us hugs and LOVED being held.
Lucy is three years old and has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy.  She was born at 26 weeks gestation with her twin, Henry.
Lucy was very active and loved the teeter-totter.

How precious!!!
Henry also warmed up quickly to us.
Henry really hit it off with Jason!  Jason got him laughing with a deep belly laugh!  He has adorable dimples and a sweet disposition.
 
Henry has hydrocephalus...too much fluid around his brain.  Because of this, he has a shunt in his brain.  You can see the bulge above his ear in this sweet picture with LaMonte.  Henry is sweet and loving.  He has many delays and medical needs, but has a positive, optimistic nature.  We are so excited to have him in our family!!!
 Samuel took the longest to warm up to us, but when he did he was so happy to give hugs and accept all of my kisses!  What a sweet natured little boy.  He stole my heart!  He is 2 and a half and developmentally on target. 




I don't know what exactly I expected.  I wondered if I would show up and they would suddenly feel like they were mine.  It didn't happen exactly that way.  Instead, the overwhelming thought I had was...this is a good fit for our family.  The kids quickly warmed up to us...and to our kids.  The foster family and caseworker agreed...we are a great match for each other.  Holy cow, though.  The number of people in that picture is somewhat overwhelming...even for me!!!  I can't help but pouring out my heart to my Father in Heaven for sending such incredible blessings!  I love each and every one!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you guys have one of those SUPER BIG vans! :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emily! I am just so impressed by you! These children are blessed to join such a great family and have a wonderful new mother and father! :)

    ReplyDelete